Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

BROOKE'S 7th B-DAY (part 4 of 4)

It just so happened that the weekend of Brooke's birthday was they same weekend that the movie Secretariat came out. Brooke saw the commercials for weeks beforehand and was dead set on seeing it for her birthday.

4th part of birthdaying: Movie time
I managed to put her off for a couple of days but that was it. The movie was a little slow at times but pretty good. I was shocked at how many people were there to see it on a Sunday afternoon. I thought Brooke was a little bored during it but since she shushed me several times and trotted like a horse the whole walk back to the car, I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it.

I think she secretly enjoyed our mommy and daughter time together, too.
She had a surprise waiting for her when we got home from the movies. We had such a busy Saturday that we completely forgot to check the mail. Brooke had even more presents waiting after school on Monday. I absolutely LOVE these boots! I want some just like them!
Oh my word...These dorky Zhu Zhu pets. We used to live with woods right behind us and all kinds of woodland creatures so, these squeaky, furry rat toys on wheels do NOT appeal to me. They actually kind of freak me out a little bit. But those darn commercials make them look so cute to kids. Grrrrr!!!
Thanks to those that sent her birthday presents in the mail. She loved it all!

No comments: