Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Friday, October 15, 2010

KID VACAY

About a week after Nathan's radiation was complete, my parents came through Tennessee on their way to my dad's senior softball tournament in Dalton, Georgia. Our house was slightly out of the way from Texas but, they decided they wanted to swing by and take the kids with them.

Whaaaaaa???? Take my kids? Out of town? Many hours away from me? Ohhhhh...I don't know. I had to seriously think long and hard about that. I finally told myself that we had to do it because most likely we're going to end up living much farther away from family with the next job transfer. And if the kids are old enough, we may want to send them to stay with their grandparents for a week or something. Well, maybe.

I was slightly freaked out but Cole and Brooke were stoked about their own little vacation. They went to Ruby Falls in Georgia right off the bat. It has stalagmites and scientific stuff like that. Sorry, Mom, I forgot the specifics of it but, it's a super cool cave, y'all.Hotel pool fun...Isn't that one of the best parts about going on vacation when you're a kid?They did have to spend some time up at the ball fields where they have a fabulous playground and other things to occupy the kids.Brooke has no fear when it comes to dogs...She wants to pet them all.Grandpa was so sweet and let Cole be the bat boy for a while. I know Cole thought he was hot stuff doing that.Teams came in from all over and his got second place. National Finalists, baby! Yep, his team is big time and they travel all over...Even to Las Vegas for the world championships...Which they've won before and got a fat ring to show off.
They stopped in downtown Nashville to grab a bite to eat and check out a little bit of the scenery.
Oh my...who's kids are those sopping wet in their clothes AND in a public place??? Surely they're not mine! Cole actually told his Grandma, "My mom would never let us do this." Nope, your daddy either boy. Swimsuits that were actually in the car would have been nice but, that's okay because they didn't carry all that water into my car. I will say that they looked like they had a grand 'ole time with something so simple...and outdoors...and free.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for all of the great pictures...But more importantly, thank you for offering to take the kids, for showing them such a great time, and for making some wonderful memories with them. It was obvious that they had a blast with all the jibber jabber they rattled off to us the minute they got home...And that in itself was awesome!

No comments: