Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

1ST FEW MONTHS OF SCHOOL

First day of school...on August 2nd. That's right, I said August 2nd, people. Absolutely ridiculous.Brooke didn't want to wear a bow. I was so sad but I gave in and let her sport this headband. All the teachers were asking me if she stopped wearing bows when I picked her up. They all know who she is from her cute hair bows. Her hair was so messy at the end of the day. Grrrr!
Brooke was saying, "FIRST GRADE" in this picture. She was slightly excited.The first report card of the year...
The kids did awesome. Cole is so smart and things come fairly easy to him so, we have come to expect that he'll get good grades every time no matter what.Brooke is more of a wild card though. We really didn't know what she would do because she is so difficult to do homework with. Nathan and I quickly both get frustrated with her sensitivity and throwing a fit when we correct her work.
We were shocked and yet so proud that Brooke has already been chosen for student of the month this year. She was picked for October. Her teacher, Mrs. Isip, is so fun and sweet and, Brooke has really taken to her. Thank goodness.Cole was so ticked that she got it before he did. He got over it once he was chosen as student of the month for November. He loved his tough football picture on there. Which reminds me that I still need to mail out all of their school pictures...Oops!We have been sooooo busy with Nathan coaching Cole's football and fall baseball teams these last couple of months. Oh my goodness...Practice nonstop and 3 games a weekend. Seriously not cool.

It was pretty rough on Nathan. He almost passed out a few times because of the huge energy strain combined with the heat, medication adjustments, and not having time to eat enough in between games. We would literally run from one field the next. It was nuts.I'm sure you can imagine how Brooke was beyond fed up with the back and forth of all of it. She was yelling at me to stop taking pictures here. Geez...attitude much???That's why I got so behind on the blog but, I'm trying to catch up. I promise I am.

No comments: