Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, February 21, 2011

THANKSGIVING

It's still hard to believe it, but we actually had family come to visit us for Thanksgiving. My oldest brother and his wife and kids made the long trip out from Texas. There's not much to offer in this little city so, I was very surprised when they mentioned coming. It was a houseful since we can't quite accommodate people like we use to but, it was still very special to have them here.
We don't need no stinking turkey! Our family really isn't a big fan of turkey so, besides the fact that I don't know how to cook one, I just flat out don't want to. So we opted to do chicken kabobs and a few other things. Luckily, my brother and his family didn't care to have all the traditional stuff either so we kept things fairly simple. I will say that it was a huge step up from the tacos we had for dinner at last year's Thanksgiving.

It was raining so Nathan had to chill with the grill in the garage.Breanna and Brooke made cookies to serve as our only dessert. That's right...No pies.
And here's all of our Thanksgiving dinner. Pretty impressive, I must say, since we rarely have more than 3 things with a meal.
We also let the kids exchange Christmas presents the day after Thanksgiving.
Breanna made Brooke this beautiful necklace out of a domino...I'm thinking I may have to borrow this idea for some teacher gifts or something. Too cute!Nobody really wanted to participate in my infatuation of pictures so I didn't end up with very many good ones. And just like that the weekend was over and the Monday after Thanksgiving kicked off my first full week at a full time job...In an office...In 7 years. Say whaaaaa?????

No comments: