Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BACK TO WORK

I'm still blogging about Thanksgiving at the end of February but whatever. Speaking of being thankful...

Thank goodness I put our Christmas tree up on November 1st and had the house all decorated early on because out of the blue I ended up starting a full time job the Friday before Thanksgiving.

That was complete chaos to do a very awkward 10 minute interview with 3 lawyers at 5:00 pm on Thursday, get a call at 6:00 pm that night asking if I could start the very next day, and suddenly have to put the kids in after school care just like that.

Oh, and then have the kids go from being one of the very last to arrive at school in the mornings to one of the very first. Not to mention, me having to figure out how to get my rear end out of bed super early and actually have make up on before noon. Like I said...Chaos.

This is right after I got home from my interview. Nathan forced me to take this picture. Grrr.

I'd been at home since Brooke was born...7 years. That's a long time that actually flew by very quickly. Except for Brooke's first year of life because that little beauty cried sooooo much and only wanted her mommy.

The last 3 1/2 of those 7 years I did real estate research but I officed from home, made my own schedule, and could do my work in my underwear if I felt like it. Of course, I didn't...because that would be weird but still. And even when I did meet with clients it was showing mostly dirty foreclosures so I just wore jeans.

Now, I work at law firm as a legal assistant and have to look slightly more professional on a daily basis. I have to admit that it's actually kind of fun dressing up after all these years though...Especially since I get to buy pretty clothes in smaller sizes. Yay!

I have to say, as crazy and stressful as it has been with me working so much and Nathan having to pick up the mommy slack, I'm still very thankful for this job. Obviously, for the financial burden it relieves but, also for the fact that I get to really use my brain again and feel like a productive part of society. Who'd a thunk it???



By the way...Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. I have no clue what's up with the font changing sizes. And I can't seem to fix it no matter how many times I slap this laptop up side its grill.


2 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

You so crazy.

Nathan McCallum said...

Sorry I made you take such an amazing picture :-) What was I thinking.