Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Friday, March 16, 2012

LOOK AT THIS...

Why do I think I can just make things work in a pinch sometimes?  I mean, really.  Brooke wanted pancakes for breakfast and I only had a little bit left of the ridiculously easy "just add water" pancake mix.





Problem is...If you put the exact amount of water and mix as the box says then it's too runny.  So when you accidentally dump the tail end of the box in the water and forget to account for the fact that you need extra mix to thicken the batter, you're pretty much screwed.




For some stupid reason, I decided to just make one GIANT pancake.  That would be so cool, right?  Umm, not so much since I didn't think about how I would possibly flip it over.






And after stuggling to flip it over, the result is BURNED...A typical turnout of most things for me.





With the little bit of batter I have remaining, I some how come up with an even brighter idea to put mini chocolate chips in the mix in order to "thicken" it up.  Once again, fail.









And that's what this is supposed to be...A chocolate chip pancake.  I have to believe that it takes talent to screw up the simplest things.

  
Brooke said, "Really, Mom?"  She tried it and I even picked out the charred chocolate but, she still said,  "This doesn't taste so good."  Sad face...As I clean up the mess I made and think about the time I just wasted.  Lovely start to a Saturday.



(this was a couple Saturdays ago while Nathan was still in California)