Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, March 30, 2009

MARCH 30th - COLE'S 2nd FIRST DAY


(Like the swamp in front of the house?)
Cole started his first day at his new school here in Jackson, TN and is now a Panther instead of a Cowboy. The school is fairly old, but they have some cute little murals inside and everyone was very friendly and willing to help. I took him in to get registered but figured they wouldn’t let him start until Tuesday for verification purposes. The secretary was so nice with her thick southern drawl and said they would make an exception for him.

Cole said he was a tiny bit nervous but he has no problems socially and making friends so I knew he would be just fine. He walked into the classroom, hung up his back pack, and sat at the desk waiting for him. While I was talking to his new teacher one of the kids started telling Cole everyone’s name and made him feel comfortable right away. After that I could barely even get his attention to wave bye and it actually made me tear up a little bit seeing how big he was acting. Mrs. Ross had just lost a few kids so Cole made 15 for the class…Much better than the 21 he had before.

We had a little confusion when I went to pick him up, but it was so much easier than his school in Mansfield since there really weren’t that many car riders being picked up. The schools here are county instead of city schools and so many of the kids ride the bus from all over. I think some of the high school kids actually live 45 minutes away. That is just crazy to me…I could never imagine doing that. I seem to always be running behind and would probably rather home school at that point.

I can't believe there are only 7 weeks left of school. Cole actually lucked in to having 2 Spring Breaks in a row with the move and will get out 2 weeks earlier than Texas. Now I just have to get back in to the morning rush routine to get off to school...And I dread it every day.

No comments: