Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Friday, April 3, 2009

MARCH 20th - MOVING OUT OF TEXAS DAY

After about 5 hours, our life was officially packed away in an 18 wheeler. My life literally rolled away right before my eyes.I was left with a horrible mess to clean up and not much time to do it before the carpet cleaners arrived. Note to self...Vacuum under the couches and clean under the beds before someone moves it. So embarrassing.
So I think I have a reputation for breaking vacuum cleaners. I guess I don't pay attention and end up sucking things up that can cause mass destruction. In my defense, at least I'm attempting to clean up.
My vacuum cleaner suddenly began smoking in the first room I started cleaning and there was no more time to fix it. That was not good when I had 5 more rooms to go. Luckily, my friend Julie called just about the time this happens to see how things were going. She came over right away with her vacuum, snacks, lawn chairs, and some elbow grease to help clean the rest of the house. I was so exhausted and I don't know what I would have done without her help. You're wonderful, Julie!
Our beautiful home is all empty. Time to face facts and move forward.

DADDY!!!

Yes, Nathan arrived after the movers were already done and gone. He never saw the truck or anything. I know he thinks I just sat there and did nothing.
The kids were very excited to see him. They made this picture on the marker board a few days before he got back and wouldn't erase it until he could see it in person. Since Nathan didn't make it home before the movers packed it on the truck, I had to take a picture of it for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julie to the rescue!

Also in your defense, someone really needs to make a vacuum that can handle all the small bits of things that people will inevitably suck up! I do the same thing:)

I've left so many apartments over the last decade, and it's still shocking to see what you think of as your life take so little effort to remove and scrub clean from a place. So how does it feel to be a Tennessee resident??

Nikki McCallum said...

I think I will always call Texas home. You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the girl!