Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EASTER SUNDAY & SUCH

The Easter Bunny left the kids gifts on the back porch. They were super excited because they didn't know if he would actually come to Tennessee and bring them something.
Nathan has to be at work at 5:30 am on Sundays so, we went to church for the first time in TN by ourselves. I was so close to not going because I was running late, as usual, I didn't want to go without Nathan, and I didn't make Brooke any special hair bows. But I had to go because it was Easter Sunday and it was important to be at church...So off we went.
We walked in right on time and sat at the end of half empty pew in the far corner. They did the normal intros and announcements and then a young college girl sang a song that brought tears to my eyes. Her voice was beautiful and the song was very fitting for Easter morning. After that I had a hard time holding the tears back because it made it even more clear that I wasn't in a place I called home. Instead of being jam packed and sweating in a pew with my whole family, I was sitting alone with a germ infested stranger hacking and sniffling near by. The kids decided to go off to children's church so then I was able to really listen and focus on the sermon. However, the preacher sounded like Ross Perot and I just kept picturing the old presidential skits from Saturday Night Live..."Not gonna do it!" I should've gotten more out of the sermon, but it was just so distracting to me. I do remember him referencing the movie City Slickers. He started quoting lines from the career day scene, and I immediately thought of my dad...That made me smile. Brooke took this picture of Dixie while they were playing in Cole's room. She wants that dog to be with her all the time. I think Dixie was staring down the door and waiting to mad dash out of there when it opened.
We waited for Nathan to get home from work to do the egg hunt. It was raining by that time so we did it in the house in the midst of all the boxes. I hadn't even found their baskets yet, so they had to use grocery bags, but at least they were the nicer bags. The kids didn't care...They just wanted candy.
Grandma and Grandpa sent Easter cards to the kids and I thought it would be sweet to record Cole reading them out loud. Cole has gotten pretty good at reading....A little monotone but still great for a 6 year old who has never really cared to put much effort into reading. It's hard to see in the picture and the video, but Brooke has on bright pink makeup that she thought was so beautiful. She had it on when we picked up Cole from school and he immediately said, "Uhh Brooke...You have something on your cheek there." I had to quickly mention how pretty it was to prevent her from getting upset. She is such a Diva.
The video below was taken from a webcam and the kids could see themselves. That's why Brooke starts drawing all the attention even though the purpose is to hear Cole reading. It's really cute though. I hope you appreciate it because it took about 4 hours to load this video... You're welcome. : )


The kids were so excited to spend their money on whatever they wanted. Brooke got a Barbie and some clothes and Cole got a video game, of course. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: