Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, April 27, 2009

WATCH OUT TAYLOR SWIFT

I just had to put this video of Brooke on here. She gets so embarrassed about seeing or hearing any video of her and would be really upset to know it was on here, but I just couldn't resist.

I began singing "You are My Sunshine" to her when she was just a baby. For the last few years we have been singing this at bedtime and then saying the same prayer afterwards.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for our family.
Please watch over us and everybody we love,
And help us to have a good day tomorrow.
And please remember us.
In Your name we pray,
Amen.

At first, Brooke was singing pretty and quitely and would whisper the prayer. She sounded so sweet. Then she found her groove and was in the zone. She had been singing like this for a few minutes before I finally found the camera. I just knew she would stop once I started recording, but surprisingly she just kept going. She is so painfully shy to most people and I just couldn't believe she was singing like this. She would have never done this if Cole or Nathan were home.




She couldn't see me because I was in the kitchen with the camera pointed around the corner. I figured she would come and find me but she never did. It was pretty difficult to keep the camera still and keep from laughing at the same time. Once she sat up and saw me she flipped out and ran to her room screaming. It took a few minutes to calm her down, but the video was so worth it. I love her.

Watch out Taylor Swift!

By the way, probably best if you don't mention you saw this to Brooke.

No comments: