Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

COLE'S 7th BIRTHDAY

Cole was so excited to see the presents sitting there when he woke up in the morning. After breakfast he got to choose one to open before he went to school.
Right before Cole left for school he got a phone call from his first grade teacher in Texas. School starts 15 minutes earlier there, so she had the whole class waiting on speaker phone. Cole was shocked when he heard Mrs. Jacobs' voice and had the biggest smile on his face. They sang Happy Birthday to him and one by one said "Hi" and their name. He got a little sad when she said they missed him and he said he missed them, too. Nathan and I were both a little misty eyed the whole time. It was so sweet for the kids and Mrs. Jacobs to think of Cole but yet so sad because he had to leave all of his friends behind. I really wish I had recorded the phone call but I wasn't quite prepared. Thanks Mrs. Jacobs...That was so thoughtful and a very special part of the day!
Nana sent a Hannah Montana doll for Brooke.
We all went and had lunch with Cole at school. We brought him the oh so yummy McDonald's and cookies to share with his class. They all sang Happy Birthday to him, too.


We already had plans to go to the baseball game on Saturday night, so we told Cole we were just going to watch a movie and have a family party at home. We surprised him after school at took him to the fabulous Chuck E Cheese's. He was very excited and happy about that. The Chuck E Cheese's here is maybe half the size of the one in Grand Prairie...And it's on the corner of a strip center. I was a little disappointed in it but the kids didn't care. They had lots of fun...Including Nathan who played games the whole time, too.
Nathan started shooting with his left hand to give Cole a chance to catch up with him, but he still couldn't let him win...Even on his birthday.
Cole wanted to watch this movie on the Disney Channel called Hatching Pete. It had been advertised for about a month and he would not let us forget that it was premiering on his birthday. So, after Chuck E Cheese we picked up dinner and then they all watched the movie while I finished up Cole's cake.


As usual, I had some drama with cake. I don't know why I make such a big deal about the cake, but I just really want it to be special. The problem is that I don't really know how to properly manage my time and execute the ideas I have in my head so it turns in to this big ordeal...Every time. I actually did buy the right icing this time, but when I went to put it in the bag, the box of bags was empty. I've used ziploc bags before, but for some reason it just wasn't working for me this time. The bags kept busting causing an icing explosion. Even though he thought I was being ridiculously OCD about it all, Nathan did try to help me fix it. I ended up rushing up to Hobby Lobby 15 minutes before closing. The stupid thing about it is that the cake was completely iced with chocolate, but I just had to have the white detailing on there. It really wasn't necessary since it was nearly 8 pm and Cole was still waiting for the rest of his presents, but I just couldn't let it go. He wasn't having a big party with lots of people so I really wanted him to at least be able to have a special cake.

The movie was over and it was finally cake & present time.


Nana got this shirt for Cole. ..Very fitting.

We gave Brooke some things, too. Cake and present time was over. I enjoyed cleaning up the kitchen and all the cake mess by myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks REALLY good, Nikki - very impressive. I cook a lot, and I've made cheesecakes, but I've never made a real regular cake. Something about them just seems harder to me! It looks like you made his first birthday in Tennessee really special:) You're such a good mom. I'm going to be calling you for advice here in a few years.