Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

OCTOBER 10th- BROOKE'S PARTY

We kept Brooke's birthday party very simple but, I think it was still very special to her. She originally thought it would be just our family since that's how we did it for Cole's birthday. However, we had just moved here barely a month before his birthday and didn't really know anyone yet. Luckily, we've been able to get to know a great family that has kids similar in age to ours (there is a previous post about them) and we invited them to the party. It's been a lot harder for Brooke to understand why her cousins can't just come over. The concept of everyone being nearly a 10 hr drive away just doesn't register to her yet. Needless to say, Brooke was very excited that a friend was coming to her party. The kids played and played and went in and out to jump on the trampoline even though it was a little chilly outside. They all had a good time together while Nathan and I got to enjoy conversation with other adults. Awesome!
Nathan officially laid down the law and said that from now on I must have the cake done the day before the party if I insist on making it. I'm sorry, I always have this vision and then things just never seem to go my way. Maybe one day I'll take a cake decorating class and actually have all the necessary tools to get the job done right...Not likely though.
No surprise...Cole and Jamison went straight for the video games.
They have this obsession in common.Justin, Rachel, and 3 week old Audi.
This baby is smaller than both our kids were when they were born.
It was so strange and yet so sweet to hold that teeny little thing.Look how cute Brooke looks here. And then there's Jamison suffocating on a cup in the background...Typical boy.


Awww...Sweet girl.
I don't know what it was, but something sure was funny.

Carrington picked out these Hannah Montana and Lilly dolls all by herself. Brooke played with these for 30 minutes straight after they left.

I think this look was captured during the many bright flashes of the camera that I blinded everyone with continually. I can't help it...I just love pictures.

News flash: Nathan secretly dreams of being a pop star.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously impressed with your cake-making skills! This one looks amazing:) Happy birthday to Brooke!