Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

MOM CAN SHAKE IT, TOO

The kids always want a chocolate shake when they see a Sonic. Their food is really not that great so that's usually all we get from there...And the occassional cherry limeade for me. So, I decided that I could make a chocolate shake just as easily. Yes, it's quite simple but geez I used up a whole gallon of ice cream just making 3 shakes. And I had to clean up the mess afterwards instead of pulling out of the Sonic carport and then just dropping the cups in the trash. Hmmm...Convenience or Cleaning??? That is a big conundrum with us...And I don't do cleaning very well. I wish I liked it or at least stayed on top of it, but it's just not my thing (or Nathan's or Cole's or Brooke's). Our house looks good when I am prepared for someone to visit, but I am so embarrassed when someone shows up unexpectedly. You'd think I would have figured it out after 2 apartments, 3 houses, and a decade of marriage. It is definitely a goal of mine to improve on this fall when Cole and Brooke are both in school. Soooo...We shall see.
The kids said that I make good "Mom Shakes".
Nathan has suddenly gotten this kick for chocolate shakes, too. Usually he doesn't eat hardly any sweets at all. We took the kids for ice cream at Maggie Moo's a couple of weeks ago. He got one of their milk shakes and craves them way too often now. Uhhhh...So much for helping each other eat better.

3 comments:

Lyndsey Newton said...

did mom not get a mom shake?? :)

Nikki McCallum said...

Mom already has too much to shake and didn't partake.

Leslie Crittenden said...

Me and Emiley LOVE Sonic burgers...dont know what you are thinking....