Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY

This Mother's Day was something out of the ordinary. It was not at all bad, just very different. Normally, we go to church with my family and then meet at my mom's for a big lunch where everbody eats way too much. There are 15 of us there and lots of noise from all the little cousins squealing and playing together. The sliding back door is open because there always seems to be someone going in and out of the backyard and someone gets annoyed with the sound of it opening and closing over and over again. Multiple conversations are going on at once and the concentration level is quickly lowering. After a couple of hours, the kitchen and the house are in mass chaos from all the cooking and kids. We shower Mom with gifts and love, try to clean up, and head our separate ways...Until the next family birthday or holiday.

Since we now live in the far east, the normal was not possible. However, my mom decided that she wanted to be with her favorite child for Mother's Day. Just kidding Tim and Brent...She loves us all equally...Blah, blah, blah. So, I did get to spend Mother's Day with my mom. I chose a new church to visit. It is so uncomfortable going to a place where no one knows your name. But we went and experienced what they had to offer, whether it was our taste or not, and got through it. The music was not my favorite but the preacher was actually a good speaker even though his sermon made Nathan and I feel badly about some of our parenting choices. Evidently, he was doing a 4 week parenting series but seriously could have planned it around a different day. That was very fitting on Mother's Day to get a long lecture about what we shouldn't be doing and such. Slightly depressing.
Cole actually took this picture. He did pretty good after about 20 takes. For some reason he couldn't keep the camera still and push the button at the same time. He kept insisting that it was right before he pushed it but, for some reason, our heads would be missing on the screen afterwards. He tried so hard though.Brooke was so not in the mood for pictures. I rarely allow anyone to take pictures of me so it was especially nice that she was being such a brat about having her picture taken with me....And on Mother's Day.
The only reason I put this on here is because it is the only picture with me and the kids together...Plus Cole looks really sweet. Nathan was nice enough to take the picture without a 1,2,3 warning. I need every second to prepare to adjust my hair around my fat face, fake my smile, and stick my neck out. He doesn't care to take lots of pictures for selection purposes though. He's more of the one and done type. Thanks...Appreciate it!
What a good picture...That I took I might add. My guys look so handsome.

We took all of these pictures while my mom put my kitchen to use preparing a wonderful lunch. The kids enjoyed getting so much attention from Grandpa playing outside. Without hesitation, he does the things we are too lazy to do sometimes.

While it was very nice to be able to spend Mother's Day with my mom, it was also bitter sweet. I did feel guilty that Nathan's mom was not enjoying the day with her youngest child the same way my mom was. I know that she was so very upset that we weren't there with her this special day or her birthday the week before. Normally, we would have spent the Saturday before at her house and enjoying the day together. Getting a card in the mail just does not compare to being able to hug your child. While we know she understands, it still makes you feel awful when you hear the sadness over the phone. However, the love is and will always be there, and we can all take comfort in knowing that...We just have to remind ourselves of it a little more often now.

No comments: