Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

CHRISTMAS DECOR...GIVE ME MORE!

This holiday season seems to have come faster than ever. I really can't believe it. I just love all the decorations of Christmas. It makes me so happy to see the tree lit up and full of ornaments. If I could, I would have our house overflowing with stuff. I saw a lady's blog that had 10 trees in her house. Wow! All different sizes and different themes. Now that puts way too many ideas in my head...Definite decorating overload!

I think it would be so pretty to have lots of trees. Then again, I'm so particular about what ornament goes where, that I would probably drive myself crazy trying to decorate multiple trees. And the never ending trips to Hobby Lobby would drive my family crazy. I always think that I'll be in there for just a few minutes but somehow it rarely ever turns out that way. Good thing Hobby Lobby is all we have here or else I'd seriously be in trouble. This time of year I really miss the Michaels and JoAnn stores. Those two are smaller and easier to not get sucked into for an hour.

Here is some of my Christmas decor around the house. There's not much room for stuff in this blah house this year, but I tried to make do. Hopefully, next year will be better. :)Here is my tree. Yes, I said MY tree. I'm so picky about it that I tend to get a little protective of it. If the kids try to help put stuff on, I either suggest/tell them where to put it or I quickly move it when they're not looking. I know that sounds harsh, but something about looking at the tree fills my heart with joy, and I just want it to look a certain way. Besides, the kids have their own little tree to decorate (they don't notice when I move stuff on there either).
I promise, the tree looks much better in person.
I love to sit by the glow of the lights at night and wrap presents.

I want to put those big outdoor lights on the tree next year. I think the bigger bulbs would look really bright and pretty. I don't know if that is a fire hazard though. It can't be much worse than the more than recommended amount of lights that are already on there.

Now, if I could only get some Christmas cards done. I was bad last year and didn't send out any. I'm working on them. I am, I really am y'all!

2 comments:

Aunt Leslie said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the big stuff on there!!! Wonder where you got that idea from??

Nikki McCallum said...

Yes, I definitely gotta give you props for the big stuff idea. You have changed my tree decorating life forever!