Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

NOVEMBER 21st- HORSING AROUND

Brooke's second time to visit the horses was another suprisingly beautiful day for November. She wanted to take apples to share with them. Evidently, the horses don't normally get apples so they didn't really care for them. I'm sure grass and hay is plenty to feed 9 horses on a regular basis.

Karley had Brooke go into the tack room to see if she remembered where to get some of the horse's gear. She just loved going in there. Brooke is learning how to tighten the saddle belts...I think. I think she may be slipping. Nah, surely not. The other horses are always hiding way back in the woods.
I walked around and did my normal photo session for about 30 minutes, and then decided to sit in the back of the car and watch. I wrote in my planner, looked at the camera photos, and then just barely started playing on Cole's Nintendo DS when...

I heard a "Wo!" It wasn't a scary sounding scream but maybe more of a mildly startled shout. A very loud motorcycle happen to be driving by at the same time, so I didn't really think much about it. Until I looked up and saw Brooke sitting on the ground next to the horse and Karley leaning over her. She didn't just fall off did she? Brooke got up and they started walking back to me. At that point I was pretty sure that she did fall off. Brooke wasn't hysterical or anything so I knew it wasn't that bad. Karley said the motorcycle startled the horse and he jumped sideways. The "Wo!" that I heard was actually Karley when Rambo bumped into her because she never lets go of the rope by his face.

I don't know which way Brooke fell off or how it looked. On one hand, I wish I did just so I could know exactly what happened. But, on the other hand, as Nathan pointed out to me, if I had seen her fall I probably would've freaked out and made the situation much worse. Good point. It would've been extremely traumatizing to both of the girls to see my out of shape, jiggly body trying to sprint over to them. Yikes!

Brooke was holding her wrist and trying her best to hold the tears back by the time she got to me. Her wrist had a couple of scratches where she must have braced her fall. She cried for just a minute and then asked if her jeans were dirty on her butt. They were, but I assured her that it would come out in the wash.


I told her that Rambo was really sorry that he got scared, and he didn't mean to hurt her. She was telling Rambo that it was okay and she wasn't mad at him.
Karley mentioned she would show Brooke how Rambo runs before we left.After watching Karley on Rambo for a few minutes, she decided she wanted to ride again. I had her sit with Karley just to be on the safe side.


If Brooke wants to be a horserider when she gets bigger like she tells us all the time, she will probably be falling a lot more. I was very proud of her for not letting this scare her away from riding. Karley felt really bad, so it was also good that Brooke got back on for her sake, too.


A little fall couldn't keep Brooke away.
Her love for horses is much too great.

2 comments:

Brooklynn said...

Nikki Brooke is just to pretty!! Looks just like her Mommy!

Nikki McCallum said...

Ha ha! She is pretty, but I can't take the credit for that. Thanks for the laugh though! :)