Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Cole's team lost a few games towards the end of the season but, they still had the best record of the league, and that meant their last game was for the city championship title. The team that won would give the head coach complete control of the all-star team. So, needless to say, this game was a big deal and very intense.

For some reason I got this random idea to make signs for the boys to hang up on the dugout. I always thought it was so cool when the cheerleaders made signs for our volleyball games so, I went out on a limb and just did it. I also hoped that it would make the boys feel like they were big time ballers and give them the extra "oomph" they needed to win.
I have to admit...The signs do look pretty stinkin' cool.
All of the kids AND the parents loved them...Cool points for me. Sweet! One of the coaches brought donuts and juice for the boys to chow on before the game since it was bright and early on a Saturday morning. Haven't you heard that a sugar high makes you hit the ball farther?This was an impromptu meeting towards the end of the game in the middle of the field to rally the boys together to pull out the win.This video is fairly long but, it was a really good game and I tried to capture as much of it as I could. I spent hours uploading it and then editing each individual clip to shorten it. It has been watched so many times by all of the kids and their parents so, it was definitely worth it. Since this was in June, I have since forgotten the final score but I do know that Cole's team WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP! It's unbelievable how your heart can get pumping watching a bunch of 8 year olds...Boy was it exciting!


I'd say winning the championship is pretty awesome for Cole's very first year of baseball. Can't wait for the next season!