Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, September 6, 2010

TEXAS-OLD FRIENDS

Going back to Texas this summer was a little different this year. We'd been through so much with Nathan's surgeries that we just wanted to really enjoy ourselves. And of course, so many people wanted to see Nathan after all the trauma. We were so grateful to get to spend some time with several different old friends. And by OLD I mean friends that we've known for many, many years.

We started off with an overnight stay with one of my very favorite friends. Jenna and her husband Jason were nice enough to host us and provide some serious entertainment. We had a blast!

Cole thinking he's a rock star.
The rest of the rock band...Jordan, Brooke & Sophia
Sophia & BrookeJordan & Cole


While Nathan was playing golf (boooooriiiing), the kids and I spent the day with my sweet friend, Pam, that I use to work with many years ago...You know, back when I had an actual work environment with actual peeps.

Cole, Colin, Hannah & Brooke
Cole & Colin...Don't they strangely look like brothers?
Brooke & Hannah
Brooke was introduced to the silly band fad while we were in Texas. Somebody out there is making some serious bank off of those cheaply made, sorry excuse for a bracelet, strips of rubber. Dang it...Why didn't I think of that?!
Another special visit was to see my life long friend, Julie, and her beautiful growing babies. I love Julie.And I most definitely loved holding sweet baby Zach. It allowed me to get my baby fix....Annnnnnd I'm good.
My oh my, Alyssa just gets cuter and cuter every time I see her.

One of the guys we hung out with we actually hadn't seen since our wedding...That was awkward and great fun all at the same time...Good 'ole Jeff Costello. He's one of those guys where you really never know what completely random (and often inappropriate) comment will come out of his mouth next. Fun times! Yes, I really wanted to take pictures of us with Jeff but, I just wasn't getting the right vibe to bust out my camera like a dork. Next time I will though!

Thank you Texas for allowing us to hang out with a few of our old friends again! It really meant so much to us!

2 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Oh, how cute are the kids!! Good times!! So, when are we taking an adult/women only vacation?

Nikki McCallum said...

Jenna, that would be sooo much fun! And maybe even MORE fun for you when you're not with child :) Start planning it, girl!