Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

COTTON PICKIN' MINUTE

A few months back I wrote about how I missed the Texas bluebonnets and said I would put up some cornball cotton pictures later...Well, later has finally come. I actually did half of this post back in November but took my sweet time adding to it.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute!
What does that mean anyway? Does it take an entire minute to pick one stalk of cotton? Or was it a way of using foul language back in the day because picking cotton was miserably hard work?
Every day we are reminded of how country this area is that we live in. Our neighborhood is surrounded by cotton, corn, and wheat fields. Actually, there is a huge Cotton brand factory here so I guess that's why there are cotton fields placed randomly all over town.
It cracks me up at the amount of people that have four wheelers and camouflage designs on their vehicles. I started snapping pictures here and there a few months ago just so you could see how ridiculous it is. There must be some car detailing shop that makes a boat load of money on these car decorations.

I didn't even include pictures of cars with camo interiors on their seats...Because getting that close could appear slightly stalkerish...And I only observe from a distance :)

These are right by our house.
These guys actually fix up four wheelers and conveniently test drive them in our cul-de-sac when the kids are trying to go to sleep. Sometimes I just want to chunk rocks at their noggins while they're revving the engines extra loud. And they have a coordinating minnow boat that often sits out on the street. Needless to say, they really annoy me.
Yes, I admit it, I take pictures while driving down the road. But not ALL of them...I let many go on by without a snapshot.And I also do drive-bys in store parking lots. It takes skill to NOT get noticed.These dudes work for Nathan. This is only a couple of several in their parking lot. Remember a while back when I said we're surrounded by rednecks and then said I was just kidding? I really wasn't...I think the photos are more than enough evidence to speak for themselves.
What's worse is that when we went to Texas for Christmas, Nathan's older brother mentioned that he wanted to get those camo decals for his truck. Nathan and I both looked at each other with super wide eyes and were both thinking OH...MY...GOSH!!! Ahhhahahaha!!! His brother would fit in perfectly here!

They have the same parents, were raised the same way in the same household, but are soooo very different in practically everything they do. Strange how that works out sometimes, huh?

1 comment:

Brooklynn said...

goodness, I hope Dave doesn't see any of this post. He would be bringing home a camo lazy boy tomorrow! :)