Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WHAT BLUEBONNETS???

So, everybody has been posting bluebonnet pictures with their kids looking so adorable in them, and while they are very pretty, it makes me sad that we don't have any here. Nope, no bluebonnets randomly spotted on the side of the highway to remind you that you're in the great state of Texas.

We have cotton. Dumb, fluffy, wish it was snow cotton. It's not even in season yet, but when it is, the fields do actually look pretty cool (I'll post some fall cotton pictures later). But it's nothing compared to the bright color of bluebonnets that make you smile every time you see them.

In the spirit of trying to be like everyone else, here are the only digital bluebonnet pictures I could find. Apparently, my love of them wasn't photographed that often. But I KNOW I told Nathan dozens of times that I wanted to take the kids' pictures in them. I guess I just never got around to picking out the right outfits and finding that perfect location for a photo op. The only reason we even have these is because they were blooming at my aunt's house while we there for an Easter egg hunt a few years ago.
Look at sweet baby Dayley in this picture. She just turned 4 in March.Brooke loved this Dora drink bottle, but now she refuses to drink out of it because she thinks Dora is dumb. Her words, not mine (and Cole's too).
Now, y'all make sure to take some extra special bluebonnet pictures for me!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I think if you miss the bluebonnets then you should high tail it back to Texas ASAP!!!

Nikki McCallum said...

If only it were that easy, huh?