Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

ALL THE PRETTY HORSES

Nearly all of the horses were in the stalls when we pulled up to Karley's place this past Saturday. We've never actually gotten to see all of them up close because the majority of them stay far off and way out of reach. Evidently, Karley was having a hard time getting Hershey to come with her to get ready for Brooke, so she ended up putting all of the other horses in stalls to draw him out last. Poor girl was so stressed out because it was frustrating dealing with those horses all by herself, but I'm pretty sure she thought it was worth it when she saw how ecstatic Brooke was to get to talk to all of them.
Look at this crazy-eyed horse. One eye is dark brown and the other eye is crystal blue. Kinda creepy.
In a separate pasture are the mommy and daddy horse that are expecting their latest act within the next month. Brooke is going to be over the moon and in LOVE with the new witty bitty pony!
Even though Karley really loves the horses, her dad is trying to sell the majority of them. I guess they are getting to be more upkeep than he wants to deal with once she goes away to college. Soooo...everybody start saving now to pitch in and buy Brooke one of these horses for her birthday!
Karley let all of the horses out to run around once Brooke was done and out of the riding area. Brooke just wanted to keep watching them and had no desire to leave at all. She was in awe of them like they were famous celebrities or something.While Brooke was starstruck, Cole and I were amused by some other stars. Cole kept saying, "Pull up your pants...We can see your underwear!" Brooke would respond with, "I don't care!"I took some time out from pretending to be a photographer, and tossed the baseball around with Cole for a while. Cole made me stand out in the sun so he could be in the shade under a big, beautiful tree. That's cool...I needed to work on my farmer's tan anyway.
So Brooke got to enjoy all the pretty horses, and I enjoyed snapping all the pretty pictures. Have I mentioned that I love pictures? Well, I do. I really do.

No comments: