Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, April 12, 2010

3rd SCRIMMAGE

Cole got to wear his snazzy uniform in his scrimmage this past Saturday. He was so excited. He looked so cute all dressed up. It was kind of unbelievable seeing him out there on that huge field. He kept saying, "There's gonna be real umpires and everything!" It was at 8 a.m. Yes, 8 stinking a.m., and it was about 55 degrees! That did not please me. The kids switched positions several times, which I think really threw them off at times with who should get the ball, but they seemed to all be enjoying it. Cole played left field, third base, and second base. He got a great hit his first time up to bat and struck out the next two times. That was sad. I felt bad for him. I think he's just being too impatient and needs to watch and wait on the ball more. A lot of the kids struck out...Even a few that have been playing for a while.Cole is forgetting that he is still very new to playing on an official baseball team, and that he still has a lot to learn. I wish we had some of the guys in our family here so they could practice with him when Nathan is busy with work. I try to help Cole, but he really doesn't want to listen to me. I tell him the same things his coaches do, but it must just be the embarrassing mom thing. That's really annoying because I play catch with him more than anybody. Little punk! Maybe one day he'll realize just how cool I really am :)

And might I add that he just happen to get my volleyball number that I proudly wore for three years on varsity. Did anyone notice that? Anyone, anyone? No? I thought it was really cool, but once again...Not that cool to Cole.


The team they played really stunk, and we won the game 16-0. The kids were pumped, but the coach reminded them that the other teams will be a whole lot better. Then he told them to go get their free drinks at the concession stands. They all ran over there screaming and going crazy. Cole came back and said, "This is the best part about the game...Free drinks!" Uh, no son, they're not free because the parents all chip in and pay for them. Geez, why don't we get credit for anything we pay for?Since it was still so early and none of us had time to eat breakfast, we got some lovely Chick-fil-A and took it into Target to eat so I could get some Starbucks. I sure didn't care one bit that we brought outside food in. I dropped a nice chunk of change in Target's cash register when we were done eating anyway.

And when were heading into Target Cole said, "I want to wear my uniform with honor." He thought he was hot stuff with his baseball dirt stains and everything. MmmHmm...Those super cool dirt stains cost me a good toothbrush (for scrubbing) and an hour of my time. And those stains were still faintly staring me in the face. I see that my future with baseball dirt will not be enjoyable.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Great pics!! He looks so big! I can't wait to be the mom in the stands!