Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

BROOKE'S 8th BIRTHDAY

I won the mother of the year award and accidentally deleted all of the pictures from Brooke opening all of her presents and the first half of her horse fun.  I...was...so...upset.  I had one phone picture that I took to send to the grandparents. 
Brooke had a present waiting at the door the next day after school
and I sent these phone pics.
 
One of our friends took us over to a little ranch by her neighborhood so Brooke could enjoy some horses on her birthday.  The guy that runs this place owns the land that their subdivision was built on and puts on a weekend rodeo camp.  They had mostly adults that came in from all over with their horses and fancy trailers learning to calf rope and compete.  I took a few videos of the cowboys but those got deleted, too. :-(

The ranch owner was so busy and we didn't want to wait hours until the competition was over but, Brooke was able to love on a few horses from the riders who were there just hanging out.  Such nice people.
  
This poor brown horse had no eye...EEEK!!!
 
Saylor is a sassy mess but she sure is cute and has the most adorable hick accent ever.
Brooke had so much fun picking out and trying on clothes with her Justice gift card.  Going shopping was the only way we got her to leave the ranch and the "free" puppies that were begging to be brought home by both kids.  I almost got sucked in but finally put my foot down and said no.  Whew!

It's really sweet that the kids want me to make them a cake and request what they want on it but, it's so much trouble for just us.  Of course, I do it, and try my best...Even if it means the cake isn't ready until after showers and minutes before bedtime.
 
OH MY GOSH...I'M SO PROUD!!!  Really, I am. :-)
Brooke, your birthday actually turned out to be pretty great and you were so happy with something so simple.

We love you Pretty Girl!

No comments: