Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

LISTEN TO THIS

One of the guys at work and I talk a lot about music and are always trying to stump each other on songs and playing our new favorites.  He showed me some videos of his friends that are from Jackson that are now living in Nashville trying to make it in the music business.

Josh Miller and Brandon Lay

This was the first song I heard and I was hooked!  They have completely different styles but wrote this song together one night real quick.  Brandon singing the country part is really good but, wait for Josh to start singing his part.  Your jaw will drop.  He is simply unbelievable.



I can't stand the way Adele sounds on the radio in this song.  Her voice just sounds weird to me.  Josh smashes her version and sings this song sooooo beautifully.



I put up a few more videos of songs that Josh has covered just because I like them.  They really are worth taking the time to listen to.

One of his older recordings.  The guy playing the piano is actually related to the family that sponsored our football team and came a couple of times to watch.  So random.  You have to turn the volume WAY up on this one.








Brandon doesn't have many videos out but he covers songs so very well.  I normally change the station on most of the songs he covers but, he makes them sound really good.  So much better than Kenny Chesney for sure!  If you ever see The Brandon Lay Band playing somewhere, go check them out!

I've seen both of these guys perform live here locally and they are FANTABULOUS!!!  Just thought I'd share with you something pretty cool that came out of this little city.

You...Are...Welcome. :-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

High Five Sister. Adele SUCKS. Hate her.