Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Friday, December 2, 2011

TENNESSEE FOOTBALL

We were invited to go over to a friend's house to watch the Tennessee game to kick off the start of college football season. Ummm...Tennessee???  Like the other UT that rarely ever wins a game and has the most hideous color of orange?  Oh man, never really thought we'd be asked to do that.  We, of course, agreed to go because we love this family and the kids could swim and run around but, cheering for Tennessee just wasn't happening.
These people were serious!  They had this giant blow up screen in the yard with a projector.  A few other TVs were set up outside with other college games on...But not the Texas game.  Awesome.  There were about 30 people there with the majority of them sporting their Tennessee attire.  
Nathan wore a Texas Rangers shirt and I busted out my Texas Longhorns shirt.  As if not knowing anyone there other than the busy host family wasn't awkward enough, we were those people that stuck out like a sore thumb in our Texas gear.  Ahhh well, there was a lot of good food and the kids had a good time.  And they hired a life guard to watch all the kids in the pool the whole night long so the parents could relax and have fun.  Good idea! 
Sometimes I tend to hang Nathan a teeny bit and make sure I post the pictures that I like best of me even if there are a few that look better of him.  Can you blame me?  I put the time into editing all the pictures and doing this whole blog so, I should at least have the ultimate say on the pictures, right?  Right!

 


So, even though my side-ways-eyes-too-far-in-the-corner look is slightly disturbing, I decided to be nice and put this picture up simply because Nathan looks so good.








And to redeem myself for my awkward look, I have to put up this one despite Nathan's flash induced crazy eyes he's got going on.  I think I'm near cracking up here from all the stares we were getting at being so dorky as to take a picture in the dark... In front of strangers... In our Texas get up.  Cool points for us!





Bahahahaha...Sometimes I really make myself laugh!
Smile today!  :-)


1 comment:

Nathan McCallum said...

You are too funny. That's why I love you so much. It really doesn't matter what picture you put up of us because everyone looks at your beautiful face....not my seeing spots look.