Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

BACK TO TENNESSEE...ON FATHER'S DAY

We left for Tennesse a little later than planned, but since Nathan's parents let us use some hotel points for a much appreciated layover in Little Rock, the drive wasn't near as bad as we originally anticipated. We rocked out to some Hannah Montana tunes and then had an encore presentation of Mama Mia. Below is a bit of our travelling entertainment.


Finally, they went to sleep. They had to be exhausted after all the jumping they did in the pool. I wish I could sleep that easily and comfortably in the car.

I wish I could sleep that easily, too. The lights were still on while Cole and I were watching TV...And they were having a snooze fest.



FATHER'S DAY

We spent Father's Day driving the last few hours back to Tennessee. I'm sure that's not how Nathan really wanted to spend his day, but he had already played golf 3 times so I didn't feel too bad for him.

We finally saw the Crittenden County sign in time to take a picture. I first noticed it in February when we came up to look at houses, but was never prepared enough to get a picture the other times we passed it. Nathan knew that it was the last county in Arkansas before you enter Tennessee, but wasn't exactly sure when it would pop up. I sat there with my camera for about 30 minutes ready to do a drive by shot. I probably looked like a private investigator or something to people driving by us since there was nothing out there worthy of pictures. We barely spotted it and Nathan whipped in between some truckers giving me seconds to try to focus the camera on the sign and not the bug guts on the windshield. I think it turned out pretty good considering how fast we were going. Given that it was Father's Day, I was quite proud to capture my daddy's last name on a big green sign.

Crossing the border from Arkansas into Tennessee on the bridge that goes over the Mississippi River.
Nathan didn't want to go home and then have to go back and pick up the dog, so we just stacked everything higher and crammed her in the back. She was a little freaked out to be riding back there without the kennel. Oh well.

While we didn't get officially spend the day with our own dads, we did get to spend the day together, even if it was mostly in a car. Nathan usually works Sundays so that was a special treat for us.

1 comment:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Your daughter is destined to go into show choir. hahahaha.