Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

DECEMBER 16th - IF YOU BELIEVE...

Cole is at the age where kids around him are questioning Santa or have already chosen not to believe in the magic. A couple of weeks before Christmas he came home from school and said another kid said that Santa isn't real. Brooke was absolutely shocked that any kid would say that. Of course, he asked me if Santa was really real. I want the belief of the magic to go on as long as possible, so I just told them that if they didn't believe in Santa then they wouldn't get any presents from him. They both quickly shouted, "I believe in Santa!"

Since we wouldn't be in our own home on Christmas morning, we had to come up with another plan for our own special Christmas. I didn't quite know what to do. We either had to do it a week early or a few days late. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of leaving presents out while we were out of town, so we told the kids that we would try to make a deal with Santa...But they had to be extra good.

Soooo...on December 16th, much to our surprise, we found this note on our front door when we returned home from dinner (hmmm...pretty good left hand writing if I do say so myself). Did you know that Santa can text, too? Nathan told the kids that he sent Santa a text message about coming early, and he actually answered back. Man, is Santa cool or what? Look at their faces as they see the message on his phone! I love it!
Santa left behind some of his magic dust on the rug and front porch when he left the note on the door. It's hard to see in the photo but somehow it resembles silver glitter. This turned out to be a key factor in the whole belief of it all. I'm so clever :)


This was our first Christmas living far away from home, and as much as it bothered me not to be in our own home on Christmas morning, it all worked out with the kids being just as happy as they would've been on the real day. Their reactions to the whole night and all of their gifts were awesome. And I think we might have scored a couple of cool parent points, too!

In our family...You gotta believe!


No comments: