Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

DECEMBER 17th - SINGING & SCHOOL PARTIES

The kids had their class Christmas parties and musicals on the same day AND all at different times...Of course. It was also the last day of school before Christmas break and our long road trip. My day started off a little something like this:

9:30 am- Brooke's program
10:30 am- Finish work stuff
12:00 pm- Cole's party
12:30 pm- Mad dash to get stuff not sent for Brooke's party (grrrr!)
1:30 pm- Cole's program
2:00 pm- Brooke's party
2:45 pm- ESCAPE!!!

My videos and pictures are fairly sorry because the lighting inside the school is terrible, and I rarely seem to get the settings right indoors. These are the best of what I took. It doesn't help that their school is really, really, really old.
I noticed Brooke yawning many times throughout the day. The kids were both pretty tired since they went to bed over an hour later than usual due to Santa's early arrival. I think they'd say it was worth it though.
I was so proud of Brooke for going up there and singing without having a meltdown. I really expected her to start crying and had already mentally prepared myself to rescue her. She surprised me though and did such a good job!


Cole's class party was directly after lunch. That's right, they had pizza, chips, cupcakes, rice crispy treats, brownies, and cookies after they had just eaten lunch. But before their musical program. Good timing folks.


As expected, Cole did great and was totally into the performance. He's not shy at all. Is it just me or is he seriously in need of some scissors to tame that mop?
Brooke's party was a little bit scatterbrained but went well enough. They decorated ornaments while I helped a couple of other moms finish putting together goodie bags. What a crazy day going back and forth to the school and trying to be there for both of the kids. You know what comes next on our schedule (mostly because it already happened and I'm way behind on posting). Yep, the excitement of packing to travel the long journey back to Texas.

1 comment:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

I always read your blog but never leave comments....I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Brooke looks so old and so does Cole! You have some cuties, Nik.