Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Friday, January 29, 2010

DECEMBER 21st- LIGHT IT UP

Nathan spent the day playing golf followed by a late softball game with his buddies, so my mom and I decided to take the kids to see Prairie Lights. You drive all around the lake and see the woods lit up with all the pretty colors. We lived in Grand Prairie just five minutes away from it for three years and never went. I love to see fireworks and Christmas lights so I'm not sure why we didn't go before. This year, besides us, the people next door to us were the only ones to put up Christmas lights in our entire neighborhood. How lame is that?

Grandma had already taken the other grand kids a few weeks before, but she wanted Cole and Brooke to see them, too. What started out as excitement quickly turned into frustration. I guess everyone else had the same idea at the exact same time. Sitting in the car wasn't really one of the activities we had on our list just a couple of days after a 10 hour drive. But we wanted to see the lights, so we waited in line for nearly two hours. Yep, two hours. If I had been driving I would have left after waiting 30 minutes with still very little movement, but Grandma was driving and was willing to fight through the discomfort and ignore the cramping in her foot.

My pictures didn't turn out too well, but I tried. My camera battery died half way through the park just as we were getting to the best decorated areas. I was really disappointed about that, but maybe we can try again next year...Right when it opens.
This video kind of stinks because I jumped the gun and drained the camera battery too early on, but whatever.

At the end there is a pit stop where you can park and buy all kinds of snacks and trinkets. They had traveling carnival type stuff set up to get you to spend more money. I had to pee so bad from sitting in the car for so long, so we got out just to do that. Of course, you had to walk through all the temptations just to get to the stainless steel freezing toilets. Grandma wasn't about to deny Cole and Brooke any fun experience after enduring that long wait so patiently.

We did the excursions of a beautifully lit walk through a park and a 10 minute movie inside a tent. The movie even had a snow machine that went off towards the end. Even though we didn't get home until nearly midnight, the kids did have a good time. And I really enjoyed seeing the lights, too!

No comments: