Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

CHRISTMAS

This was our first Christmas to be just the four of us (family wise) throughout the entire holiday season. Choosing not to go back to Texas was a hard decision to make but it was necessary.
Look at all the presents! Both sides of our family sent all kinds of goodies ahead of time...The kids were soooo excited.
I'll admit that I did try to deter the kids from wishing they were with their cousins with lots of presents. I pretty much put one thing in each bag to make it look like more. Plus we had all of our relatives presents under our tree instead of going to the grandparents' houses to open them. Ridiculously expensive footwear. Thanks Peyton Manning for making my child think that Reezigs are the greatest shoes in the world.
Grandma and Grandpa sent Cole a super cool Texas Rangers hat...LOVE!Brooke was already telling stories to a couple of her new friends. And Cole was in chill mode for a minute while SportsCenter was on.About 4:00 pm the doorbell rang, and the kids got another surprise for Christmas. My parents left Texas early that morning and drove all the way to Tennessee without the kids ever knowing they were coming for a visit. Back in October Brooke asked my mom to come bring Ginger (their little dog) to visit her. My mom decided right then and there that they would come for Christmas.


Brooke was soooo excited to see that little dog. They just love each other.
Yes, the kids were thrilled that Ginger brought Grandma and Grandpa along, too. :-)
Nathan's parents sent along some goodies with my parents for he and I that including some fabulous cowgirl boots that are beyond AWESOME! Unfortunately, one boot had a defect and they were a little too big so, they had to travel back to Texas with my parents to be exchanged.

All in all, I think it turned out to be a fantastic Christmas Day and a great end to an unexpected year of changes for us.

No comments: