Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

OCTOBER 24th- SCHOOL CARNIVAL

The school carnival rolled around and guess who got talked into working it? Yep, me. Brooke's class was in charge of the face painting booth. Excellent, since I've never painted faces before. The teacher said they would have a chart of simple things for the kids to choose from so I thought it would be easy enough. Of course, I walk up and have to start right away. No practicing on my hand or paper or anything first. And this kid wants a rocket ship with a window and fire blasting out of it. What?! Boy, that's not on the chart! You don't want a football or a heart? He insists, I try my best, he critiques it in the mirror, the line of kids builds up, and I finally have to tell his mom that this is the best I can do so she'll move him along. For crying out loud! I had a couple of other kids like that and one father who kept getting too close to me trying to tell me how to make an official Naval anchor. Get out of here! That's NOT on the chart! At least Cole and Brooke chose something simple and didn't complain.
Since Nathan had just been gone for two weeks, he was guilted into going to the carnival and taking the kids around to play the games. The whole carnival was pretty cheesy and not at all what the teachers made it out to be. There really wasn't that much to do and you had to prepay to go. The kids wore a bracelet to show they had paid instead of toting around tickets. That was a good idea but there weren't near enough activities to make the price worth it. Oh well, I think the kids enjoyed it.
The evening turned out much better. We went over to a friend's new house to watch the fights. They have stairs and all the kids went up and down those things over and over again like they'd never seen them before. I guess our kids don't really have memories of our two story house from when they were little. I know it's shocking that I don't have pictures to relive the night, but there were several other people there, and I didn't want to be that weird stranger taking photos of everyone. Maybe next time. It was a good night though and we all had a good time.

2 comments:

Aunt Leslie said...

HEY! Dont knock school carnivals...they are a LOT of work BELIEVE ME...the car smashing thing seems to be popular. It isnt happening here though....cant swing that one..I am having the NJHS to my face painting.

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

OK, Toss the Toilet Paper? Um, yeah. I think you live in Tennessee. I don't remember that game being at the Zavala Fun Fair.