Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, November 23, 2009

RANDOM PACKAGE

This is a random story about a random package on a random day.

A few weeks ago on a quiet morning the doorbell rings and my heart skips a beat at the surprise. I quickly sneak around to avoid being seen through the skinny windows by the front door. You can't see in if you're standing there like a normal, polite person waiting for the door to open, but if you stick your face as close as possible to the window like the annoying neighbor kid does, you can. I have no make up on and dare not scare off the unknown doorbell ringer. By the time I get to the big front window to peek through the blinds I notice the UPS driver getting back in his truck. Whew, I was able to avoid the embarrassment of opening the door without my face paint on. The big brown truck drives away and I find this random package at my doorstep. What could be in there? This box is so heavy that I just about get a hernia picking it up.As much as I wanted to look inside the mysterious box, I waited for Nathan to come home for lunch. After a few swirling thoughts, I finally remembered that Nathan said his work from his training was going to be mailed to him. My interests were just about lost at that point.

Below are the contents that put me in a brief panic with the sound of the doorbell. While there was nothing exciting inside, I was shocked at the amount of classwork Nathan had to endure while at his training. He actually packed the box himself and even stuck his leftover can of Barbeque Pringles in there. Mmmm...Even though they make your breath stink, it is so easy to eat the whole can in one sitting.Nathan also got this "talking stick" at his training. Supposedly, only the person holding the stick can speak. While it is a cute idea for a fancy meeting in a pretty corporate office filled with business suits, I don't think the guys in jeans and stained t-shirts at Nathan's warehouse will dare touch this whittled piece of processed wood.This annoying box continued to sit by the front door until just yesterday when I finally got Nathan to put it in his car. He said he would take it to his office, but I'm betting it will sit in his car for a minimum of one month.

So that was my random story. You're welcome. :)


Click here if you want to read about when Nathan went to training: OCTOBER 11th THRU 23rd- MAN DOWN

No comments: