Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, February 6, 2012

COWBOYS FOOTBALL (three)

This football season was so great.  If you'd seen the first couple weeks of practice, you never would've believed how well they did all season long.  
We ended the season with a 5-1 record...Tied for 1st place going into the Championship game.  The Championship game is called the Super Bowl.  Nathan and the kids were so pumped! 

Another football mom and I made pre-game and half-time signs for the game.
Nathan and I spent 3 hrs on this.  Why?  How?  No clue really.  Especially when the boys ripped through it in seconds and it went straight to the trash.
I guess while hunched over in the cold garage, I forgot to charge my camera.  I think me not having enough battery to video the game jinxed them.  Well, that and the fact that our team just didn't show up to play and the other team had a fire lit under them. That was obvious from the very first play of the game.  We lost 0-14.  It was frustrating but the kids still played hard and toughed it out.

Despite the loss of the Super Bowl, it was such an amazing season!  All of the parents were all so proud of our kids for playing their little hearts out and for overcoming the loss of Coach Steven.

There were a few kids on the team that were quite impressive.  Of course, Cole was one of them.  No bragging intended at all...But he was.  His ability to throw a spiral comes so naturally.  He really does have a lot of potential if he continues to toughen up.

This kid, Jaylan Anderson, was also one of the impressive ones.  He stands out like a man amongst boys out there.  He's unbelievable at basketball, too.  One day, when he's a famous professional athlete, we'll be able to say we knew him way back when.
Trophy presentations and speeches.
The coaches forced Sabrina to be in the picture to represent Steven.
  She didn't really want to but, I know it still meant a lot to her, as well as, the coaches.
At the last practice, Nathan had the players and parents sign the big banner that we hung up for Steven at every game.
 
He presented it to Sabrina to keep after the last game.  She was so touched and the words Nathan said had everyone in tears...Especially when he got so choked up and couldn't even get out the words.  It was so special.
Brooke put up with a lot this season.  Practices started at 5:15 and I don't even get off of work until then so, she always had to go.  Most times I would come get her as soon as I could but, there were times that I left work late, needed to run to the store or went ahead and got dinner started.
And before every game, she and I had to stop to get ice for the cooler full of Gatorade for the team.  I'm pretty sure I was always running late and was a bit stressed.  She's a trooper for sure!
A great season...
  
A great team...
 
And a great coach!


As Jimmy Johnson would say...
HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!

No comments: