Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

FLOWERS & CANDLELIGHT DINNER

Ooooh so beautiful and romantic, huh? 
Yes, indeed, they are...But they weren't from my husband.
What can I say, I'm a likable kind of girl and people just give me things.
Ha ha...Just Kidding!
 
They were from the lady that Nathan was sent to California for 3 weeks to rescue...Again.  These beauties were sitting on my doorstep the same day Nathan flew out there.  So sweet of her to do that since she knew Nathan would be gone over Valentine's Day!
Marbel, it may be hard to do but, I will also accept money and jewelry. :-)
 
The kids and I ate dinner by candlelight.  I just wanted it to smell good and keep us warm by the window but, Cole wanted to really turn all the lights off...Except for the TV.  Brooke was a little freaked out and, it was hard to see our food but, it was sweet at the same time.
It lasted all of maybe 10 minutes.  We had a serious dance game challenge to get to on the Wii.  Cole was winning for a while but, I shook my hips and threw my hands all around like no one was watching and brought home the win.  Booyah! :-)
 
While Daddy's away...Mommy and the kids will play...
And put off the laundry for another day!
 
Most everyone says that Cole looks JUST like Nathan.  I've never really seen an overwhelming resemblance.  Certain features, yes, but look at this boy...He does at least have the same sprinkled freckles and face shape as I do.  I mean, come on, I deserve some kind of facial recognition for that large headed 8 lb 14 oz child that left me with ridiculous, lifelong stretch marks.
 
If I had blue eyes, maybe he would look a little more like me.  But I don't.  I have green or hazel or whatever color they are now.
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad the week is coming to an end.  It has been such a busy week at work and dealing with the kids and attitudes and dinner and homework and laundry and practice and games and cleaning and all that jazz all by myself...I'm kinda worn out.  Oh, and my fridge decided to flip out and quit cooling in the middle of all that.  Lovely.  One week down and two more to go. 


No comments: