Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

GETTING THERE

After just a few practices, Cole is already showing tons of improvement. He's having to take in so much information from several different people each night, but he's absorbing the majority of it fairly well. We've been working on his catching and it's coming along...If he could only squeeze that glove shut all the way.

And by we, I mean me. Not all the time, but most of the time since Nathan has to work so much. Yes, I can throw a baseball and catch it...And no, I don't throw like a girl...That much. I never played softball (but I wish I had). I just tried to fit in with the boys in my family growing up and did what they did. And I always loved watching baseball more than any other sport and learned everything I could about it.
These people are serious and baseball is THE thing to do. So far it hasn't seemed to matter how cold or rainy it is, practice will be held. And it will NOT be cut short. On field practices are twice a week and batting practice in the cage is held once a week. They're not playing around.The season doesn't start until mid April, but scrimmages have already been scheduled for next weekend. This coach and half of the same kids the played together last year and made it to the championship game. They lost it near the end, so a goal has been set that this year they WILL beat the Chick-fil-a team. Don't forget to have fun, guys!A few batting clips. This was only his second time to bat on the field. He's definitely getting there. As long as he can perform under pressure, I think he'll do just fine come game time.


No comments: