Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

RAMBO RETURNS

Brooke finally got to ride Rambo again and enjoy something wonderful that she loves. Yay! Between the cold weather and our Texas trip, I think it has been over 2 months since she last saw the horses. She asks every week if she can go, and it finally worked out this past Saturday. I thought it was going to be pretty nice, but 47 degrees and windy is actually still fairly cold. The sun was shining so bright and would've been all we needed for a pleasant day, but the wind just constantly blew this bitter chill across your face.

Brooke ran up to Rambo like it was her long lost best friend that she hadn't seen in years. Karley already had him saddled up and ready to go. Brooke didn't hesitate for a second and got right on there. No one mentioned her fall at her last outing, and it didn't even seem to cross her mind at all.
Brooke didn't care that it was chilly one single bit...And I knew she wouldn't. Every time they came around, I asked her if she was cold or wanted her big jacket. She always just shook her head "no" with a sweet smile on her face. By the way, she does have on two shirts underneath that thick sweater and vest.I think Karley was tired of walking around in circles but I could tell that Brooke didn't want to get off of Rambo, so I asked her if she wanted Karley to ride with her. She nodded her head and off they went.
Brooke won't say much when we try to talk to her while she's on the horse, but Karley says she chats up a storm when they get going.
I made sure she wore the pink cowgirl vest and boots in case the weather was too warm for it from here on out. She looks so cute up there on the horse. I'll try to get her to sport her cowgirl hat next time.
Brooke gives Rambo a few treats at the end of each ride.
She loves it!
They sold two of the horses last week leaving them with only seven, but the new addition that I mentioned a while back should be born some time in May. I can't wait to see Brooke's excitement of being around a little baby pony. Maybe if we live here long enough and miraculously find a way to be able to take care of a horse, they will give it to her! I kid, I kid.

But seriously...She would LOVE that!

No comments: