Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

SCARRED

I was watching Cole's first baseball practice the other night, and I got to thinking that it was just about this time last year that Cole got hit with a golf club and had to get stitches. What a traumatic day that was, and one I hope to never experience again.

Since Cole hasn't quite mastered catching, a hard hit or hard thrown baseball flying through the air does worry me a bit. Not to mention a wild kid barreling around the bases and knocking Cole out in the process. I guess all we can do is work with him and hope he remembers how to protect his face out there.

See how it has healed in just one year.

6 months after
1 year after
The scar is barely even noticeable now. I sure wish I could say that for my pregnancy stretch marks. They have creeks and valleys and streams that run off from both ends and in multiple directions. It's just not right. Of course, the result of my children, that I love dearly, was worth it...But it still doesn't change the fact that I'm visibly scarred for life.

No comments: