Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, March 15, 2010

SHE WANTED THIS

Nearly every time I brush Brooke's hair, it's not pleasant. Some days are worse than others depending on how bad of a tangled mess her hair is in. Jumping on the trampoline is the best thing to do if you enjoy a whining kid hitting and yelling at you because you're hurting their hair.

I really try hard to be careful, use a few different combs and brushes, and go slow to work it out. It seems like she has an extra sensitive scalp or something, but sometimes she is really just over dramatic about it. She has wanted to keep her hair long, and didn't even like getting just a few inches cut off when school started.

A couple of weeks ago while I was fixing her hair during her tears, I asked her if she wanted to cut her hair short. I ask her this every week knowing good and well that she will say no because she loves her hair long. And thus my point is made that she has to deal with the pain of making her hair pretty if she wants to keep the length.

But, much to my surprise, this time she said YES! What?! And she put her hand right above her ear and said that's where she wanted it. Hold on now, let's not get crazy here. She also said that she didn't want me to do it. She said she wanted to go to a "panneshanul" otherwise known as a professional. I'll trim her hair a little bit, but I wouldn't dare attempt a drastic cut. Sometimes we cut Cole's hair ourselves, but we know that we can always shave it off if it goes terribly wrong. Not the case with a girl.

This past Saturday we went to the lady that cuts my hair. Brooke was so excited even though she looked completely disgusted during the whole process. The second she got out of the chair she was smiling and happy and loving her hair.
Nathan couldn't believe she wanted her hair so short. We both like it long, but it really did need to be chopped off in order to look healthier. Hopefully, this will help keep it from looking so scraggily after she's been running around and playing outside.
She wasn't up for pictures. She just wanted to bounce around with her hair swishing about. She loves her new short hair. She did let me fix it a little bit, but only long enough to see how it looked. I had to promise to take it out and paint her fingernails when I was done. Her hair does look really cute in ponytails and clips. She knows she has to have it out of her face for school, so I'll have to try and snap some cute pictures later on.
Doesn't she look so big?!
I'm glad I just mailed out school pictures of her that were taken before she lost her two front teeth and chopped her hair off. She looks so much different...Still sooo very cute though for sure!

2 comments:

Julie Harding said...

You're right...super cute! And getting so big...cutting her hair, loosing her front teeth, getting new earrings...
I'm thinking of trimming Alyssa's hair for the summer for the same reason.

AUNT LESLIE said...

LOVE IT!