Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

1 WEEK POST-OP

At first, I was taking a picture of the incision every day to capture the healing process, but then I started to forget or by the time I remembered he would have already put medicine on it making it look too shiny. Every morning it would look a little bit better, and each day he felt up to doing more.

I originally planned on documenting in detail how Nathan felt each day, but so many things were going on with the kids between the end of school stuff and baseball and me trying to do most everything by myself that the blog stuff had to get put on the back burner. And since I'm posting this a month after the fact, the details are foggy for Nathan so, pictures will just have to be enough.

1 day after surgery
3 days after surgery
4 days after surgery
7 days after surgery
Ditch the stitch
Nathan got his stitches removed 8 days after surgery. The doctor said it was one long, continuous stitch, but I counted that it wrapped around 14 times. Whatever. It was pretty uncomfortable for him, but I know he was relieved to get them out.


We were also supposed to get the test results back from the surgery to rule out cancer, but Nathan got a phone call the Friday before saying that they weren't back yet. The nurse said that his samples had to be sent off to the Mayo Clinic for further testing, and it would take a few more days. She said that it didn't mean anything was bad, but how could needing further testing mean anything good? So, once again, the waiting continued.

No comments: