Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

COLE'S ACTUAL BIRTHDAY DAY

Well, the rains came pouring in, along with severe winds and near tornadoes last weekend, and pretty much wiped out our plans for the day. No baseball game, no horses, no playing outside. We waited until the bulk of the storm was gone and the threat of hail bashing dings in my car was out of the way before we headed up to the Family Fun Center to do a little bowling and such.
Granny style!
Yessss!!!
Nathan is serious about bowling. He's into the official motions of it all and everything. Except that he's weird and doesn't put his fingers in the holes. He just cradles the ball and chunks it with some sort of spin action.
Strike! Wooooo!
Brooke almost enjoyed playing with the air vent more than she did actually rolling the ball down the lane.
Check out my kicks! They were brand spanking new. While I was glad to not have to play footsies with hundreds of other people's sweaty feet koodies, they were very stiff and uncomfortable.Bowling, lunch, arcade games...Geez, that stuff drains your pockets in a flash. Good thing it was raining and we got to skip out on the golf and go karts.


And the finale to the day...CAKE!!!
Cole was super excited for his cake, but didn't want it until after dinner on his actual birthday. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know.I forgot that cake icing can get runny if you leave it out too long so, me being the lazy person that I am about cleaning out the fridge, didn't have room for the cake, and had to leave it sitting out for over 24 hours. I tried to angle the picture of the cake to where you couldn't see the bloody looking number one running down the side. Hmmm...That really didn't sound too good.

Note to self: Don't use 1 can of the nice decorator's icing and 1 can of the cheap grocery store icing for the colored sections just to save a few bucks...Cause you'll see a bloody number one :)Nathan was working, so Brooke was such a sweet sister and sang a portion of the Happy Birthday song to Cole. Just adorable!


I gave them these ginormous pieces of cake because I'm so nice. And the more THEY eat, the less I'M tempted to eat. I'm logical like that.
Those little toots barely even ate one whole bite and half of the icing off the top. And I even tried to get Cole to let me do cupcakes or cookies but NOOOOO..."I want a baseball cake."
See how much cake is left? Are you serious?! I spent all that time making it, and it's completely wasted. That's two box cakes there, people! I don't like my time to be wasted by others so, guess who had to keep sneaking shovel fulls of cake into their mouth for the next couple of days? Yep, guilty. And I've been doing so good at not eating junk for the past few months. Thanks, kids!
Brooke and Cole ran off to play the UFC game and Brooke was all into it for a while.
She had some kind of secret moves that I couldn't even figure out how to do, but Cole soon found a way to beat her...And then she was done.


2 comments:

Brittany said...

What a great birthday night and what a cake!!! It looked wonderful, you did a good job! I would have definitely helped you eat it, I love cake!!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.