Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, May 10, 2010

BURNT ORANGE

The very next day after the wedding, the kids got to wear sports outfits to school if they brought $1.00 for the local cancer relay. Cole, of course, wore his baseball uniform...Minus the white pants. I made him wear some gray baseball pants because I do not enjoy scrubbing stains out of those bright, white dirt magnets.

I managed to talk Brooke into wearing her Texas Longhorns cheerleader outfit. Her Grandma got it for her for Christmas in 2008, but it still fit. We just stuck a shirt underneath so her belly wouldn't show. We didn't have time for pictures before school because Brooke was being very sensitive and on the verge of tears. She said she really wanted to wear the outfit, but I think she was nervous and borderline embarrassed about wearing something very different than her school uniform.

After school, Brooke was soooo NOT in the mood to take pictures, but I tried to say dorky things to at least make her smile for a couple of seconds. The winds were already blowing hard and brewing up a nasty storm for the evening...You may have heard about it.We went to Target later that night, and you would not believe the stares she got. Stares that were almost in disgust at the burnt orange color, and then stares of shock once they got close enough to read T E X A S on the front. What a bunch of idiots. To us, burnt orange is beautiful, and Texas is king.
People here pride themselves on wearing that ridiculous neon orange. Now that color is definitely disgusting! In Texas, you see people wearing all kinds of different college and professional sports attire, but here it's pretty much either the University of Tennessee or Tennessee Titans gear. Even at the stores they only sell clothing and knick knacks of those two teams. There's no variety or options...You're just stuck like chuck. It's very annoying.

I've had a chrome Texas Longhorn shaped hitch cover on my vehicle for several years, but now that I don't have a Texas license plate, I think everyone that drives behind me thinks that I like cows. I need a Texas flag or something plastered on the back to avoid getting a rancher status. I don't have a ranch, I don't like cows, and I don't perform in rodeo shows...I'm from Texas people...And I love the Texas Longhorns! Oh, how we long to see any kind of Texas memorabilia these days.

Isn't this picture just too precious?! I love it!

No comments: