Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Q & U WEDDING

Nathan and I had the honor of attending an adorable wedding last week. It was the wedding of the letters Q and U. This is a big deal that the kindergartners do every year at the school. Brooke was chosen to represent the letter U as the bride for her class, and Aiden was the groom that represented the letter Q. Even though Brooke looked less than thrilled the entire time she was on the stage, she was actually very excited during the weeks leading up to the big day.
I made Brooke a veil because I happen to have a roll of tulle that I bought to make a tutu a long time ago. I thought it would be cute for her to wear at the wedding and be able to play with at home. I didn't know that the teacher already had a veil with the letter U on it for her to wear. I told her teacher that it wasn't a big deal if she didn't wear the one I made, but she said they would just combine the two.

I went off to help set up tables and just figured it was all fine. Brooke wanted to wear my veil which was, of course, much prettier, I mean more special, than the other one. I didn't realize until the wedding started that she was the only one not wearing the letter U...Which was part of the whole point of it all. I would've found a way to jimmy-rig it together to make it work, but I wasn't in the room when the teacher finally put the veil on. Oops.

The whole ceremony only lasted about 5 minutes but it was really cute how the principal explained why Q and U should be joined together forever as partners. You'll have to turn up the volume to hear it all since the 60 year old school is lacking in the sound department, not to mention the air conditioning. I love getting all sweaty in a musty, old gym.


The brides and grooms were supposed to wear their sunglasses when they walked out at the end, but neither one of them did. A quick pose for Aiden's mom was okay though.
Nathan and I were so proud of Brooke for going up on the stage in front of everyone and not shedding one tear. It was obvious that she was very nervous and embarrassed up there, but she did it.
Nathan and I were looking at these pictures and I asked him, "Can you believe you will be doing this for real one day?" He unhappily responded with, "I don't even want to talk about that." And then he walked out of the room.
And a wedding isn't complete without fries and a chocolate shake from Sonic, right?

3 comments:

Brittany said...

those pictures are going to be priceless when her real wedding day comes along!!

Nikki McCallum said...

Definitely! I should go ahead and set them aside for the reception slide show right now.

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Bad momma for not using the teacher's veil! Hahaha!