Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DECEMBER 24th- A BEAUTIFUL BLIZZARD

I have to admit...I was super ticked off when we were leaving Tennessee for Texas because of the weather. I check the weather in our town and our home town everyday just for kicks. On the day we were leaving town, our weather was already showing possible chances of snow on Christmas Day. What?! Are you kidding me?!

That figures...We finally move to a place where I might actually get the "White Christmas" that I've always dreamed of and I won't be able to enjoy it. Instead, I will be hundreds of miles away. That's just great. For a brief moment I thought about waiting to go back to Texas until after Christmas Day. No time for being selfish though because plans had already been made, vacation time couldn't be changed, and lots of loved ones were counting on us being there.

Away we went, with every hour moving us further away from the cold. Nathan and I didn't even take our big coats because we knew that the Texas weather would only be in the 60's. Shame, shame, shame on me for forgetting that North Texas weather is famous for randomly jumping 30 degrees from one day to the next. We rolled into Texas on a Saturday night and by Wednesday the chance of snow was shockingly in the forecast. Could it really be true? Nah. I refuse to believe any promise of snow until I see it for myself. It just hurts too much to get my hopes up for nothing.

Well, low a behold, a storm really was brewing and a beautiful blizzard blew in the afternoon of Christmas Eve. It was a Christmas miracle!
It wasn't the most ideal type of softly falling flakes that land in your hand so gently. It was more like the pointy kind that leaves a stinging sensation when pelting you in the face. It was white though...And that was all that mattered.


Nice and toasty by the blazing fire. Hmmm...The chocolate bars I put in the stockings may not have been a good idea afterall.
It continued to fall all evening long.
I just love the snow!!!

No comments: