Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

JANUARY 15th- BROOKE'S 100th DAY

Brooke has officially been in kindergarten for 100 days. I really can't believe that I haven't gotten a phone call from the school to come rescue her because she wouldn't stop crying. I seriously did expect that call every single day for the first month that she was in school. She has completely proven that she is a big girl now. Sad, sad, sad times here folks...This girl doesn't claim to be a mommy's girl anymore.

There have been a few days here and there where she would cry over something at school, but nothing the teacher couldn't handle. Evidently, when she gets upset at school she says she wants her brother. They always tell her that Cole is busy doing work, but really he would probably care less if he saw her crying.

Her mini meltdowns were usually because some little punk was picking on her and hurt her feelings. I can't stand it when that happens. I wish I could shield both of my kids from every insult and threat, but it's just not possible. There are just too many jerks out there who were raised by jerks and get sheer enjoyment out of being a jerk.

I guess we just have to try and teach our kids how to be a good person and do the right thing. But it's kind of hard to get that message across to a 6 and 7 year old.

Anyway, the theme for Brooke's 100th day was 101 Dalmations. The teacher cut a potato in half and the kids dipped them in black paint to make polka dots on their shirts. They normally wear uniforms, so it was a special treat to get to wear something a little different, even though they pretty much still all matched. I thought her shirt was going to be one messy, black blob, but it surprisingly turned out to be quite adorable. I was shocked that Brooke managed to do that so neatly and all by herself. Hmmm...Maybe there's a hint of her ridiculoulsy talented Great Aunt Jan in her somewhere.
When I went to pick the kids up, lots of the kindergartners were wearing these black contraptions on their heads. I had no clue what they were. Obviously, they were dog ears like a dalmation. Duh, Mom!
Good job, Brooke! 100 days down and thousands more to go!

No comments: