Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DECEMBER 24th- PASSING THE TIME

For the last several years we have celebrated my family's Christmas festivities on the evening of Christmas Eve and Nathan's mid-morning on Christmas Day. We usually start around 7 pm or so, but this year was a little different because of our long distance move. Christmas Eve also happen to be the only day we had to spend with my oldest brother's family. We all met up at lunch time at Grandma's house so the kids could have some extra time to play together how ever they pleased.

Brooke was so excited to get undivided attention from her cousin Breanna. They both only have one brother, so their time together is very special.
Breanna came fully prepared to pamper Brooke. And Brooke loved every minute of it.
I got the door slammed on me when I tried to peek in to see what they were doing. No parents allowed.
Pretty toes!
Grandma also had plans for the kids to make and decorate gingerbread cookies. The kids always love baking with Grandma because she lets them help with everything. She doesn't mind if they make a mess or spill something, unlike me. She will pick out every tiny piece of egg shell with a smile on her face just because little hands wanted to try and crack the egg, unlike me. I don't know how many times I've heard, "Grandma lets me crack the egg." Thanks, Grandma! Nothing like a little rapid gun fire to pass the time while the cookies were in the oven. That gun traveled hundreds of miles specifically with Uncle Brent in mind. I knew he would enjoy playing with it. Even though it's really loud, it's quite hilarious seeing a bullet ricochet off of someone's head...Especially when it's a kid that has been annoying you all day long :)
Yay! Time to decorate cookies!!!Caleb was pumped to eat this cookie that he dumped half a bottle of blue sprinkle things on.
Brooke and Breanna
Caleb and Cole
It's funny how they all look just as sweet as those gingerbread cookies. If only that were true all of the time! They do all look really cute though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so anti-having-kids, but your posts always make it look so fun:) ALMOST makes me want some;) I saw that you called one night during Christmas, but I was asleep and thought I dreamed it until a couple days later when I checked the call log, and then things got a little nuts with family stuff (and a new boy I've been seeing...). Sorry I missed you. Would have been nice to see everyone:)