Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

NEW YEARS

So our New Years Eve was nothing special. Not that it ever is since we're not really big party people. Besides, where would we go? What would we do? That's right...A big bunch of nothing...Because there's not much of anything to do here. Plus, we don't have anyone to watch the kids for us.

Even if I did manage to somehow pull back a little on my protective stance of who watches the kids, Nathan had to work. He chose to work some absurd hours so that someone else wouldn't have to on a holiday. As much as he hates working crazy late night hours, he will do it nearly every time to prevent any drama of putting someone else out. He's such a good guy.

Wait a minute...I forgot that we did do something a tad bit special. I made some oh so simple, refrigerated, break apart, chocolate chip goodness on my new cookie sheets. I slaved in the kitchen for all of one minute preparing them, but I did it all with love. :)
My new cookie sheets that my mom bought me really do sparkle and shine. Evidently, she thought my 11 year old rusted cookie sheets were no longer satisfactory. I don't see the big deal. A little rust never hurt anyone...Right, Leslie?I let the kids stay up late and then realized a few minutes before midnight that we didn't even have the stupid channel that was showing the big ball drop. Directv is so ridiculous with their zoning guidelines here. Brooke was already about to pass out on the couch so they went straight to bed.

So, dealing with the kids for many more hours on my own turned out to be a big, fat waste of time. Nice. I could have been sitting in a quiet house and diligently working on the mighty blog without being interrupted 95 times.

On New Year's Day we did actually do something special. Nathan shockingly suggested we all go to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squekquel. I really don't like going to the movie theater and Nathan doesn't really care to see kiddie flicks, so I was surprised that it even came up. When we got there and went up to buy the tickets, he tried to say that he would go see The Blind Side while the kids and I saw the Chipmunks. Uhhhh...I don't think so!
The movie was cute enough but definitely more of a rental. The kids enjoyed all the silliness from the rodents and their adventures. Nathan enjoyed getting smacked in the head and having his seat pushed, pulled, and kicked by the toddler behind him. This kid came with a group of 8 people with the oldest, who I assume were the parents, sitting the farthest away from the wild child. I even waved my finger and told her to stop at one point, and the 10 year old "watching" her looked at me like I was crazy. Some screaming baby didn't help the situation either. Nor the brats running up and down the stairs. Pay attention to your kids and respect your surroundings, people!

In the midst of all that, Nathan still managed to doze off a few times. Granted, he did work from 3 am - 11 am with only a couple of hours of sleep between his normal hours, but still. Now if movie ticket prices weren't so outrageous, I wouldn't have cared as much. I took this picture of Brooke before the movie while the boys were in the bathroom. When we got out of the movie I was going to take another picture with Cole, but someone had knocked down all of the Chipmunks. After sitting through all that chaos that was supposed to be entertainment, I kind of wanted to punch those overpaid rodents in the face, too.

No comments: