Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Monday, February 22, 2010

MORE SNOW, MAN

Yay! We got more snow, man! And this time the snow was more packable and had the ability to make some good stinging snowballs. Thank goodness for puffy coats.It may be kind of on the lame side, but I finally got to make a snowman. And I did say I...Not we, not us...Just me. Me, myself, and I. That's because nobody wanted to help me. Technically Nathan was at work, but still, he didn't help. And the kids just wanted to run around and stomp on everything instead of participate.

Look at how huge this thing is...It's almost as tall as our neighbor's house!Or at least that's the way it looks when you squat down in front of it and tilt the camera up.
I was barely half way done when the kids wanted to go inside because they were cold in their water lined jeans from running around. I think we might actually have to invest in some good snow attire next year. The sopping wet shoes, jeans, and gloves is for the birds.
He may be little, but I think he's cute. And he would've lived a good long life of about a week if Nathan hadn't punted his head off into the yard. Brooke was ticked when she saw his block knocked off because she really wanted to kick him while I was making him. No way! I purposely built him near the garage door on the driveway so he would be in the shade. So what if Nathan had to maneuver around him and narrowly miss hitting my car to pull into the garage. Geez!
The kids have had 9 snow days...So far. Absolutely ridiculous! Half of them didn't really seem necessary, but supposedly the county roads that are 30 miles or so out were too dangerous for the school buses. And due to a serious bus accident several years back, the county vowed not to put the children at risk like that again if the roads were even remotely questionable. Since we have county schools here, anyone can apply to go to any school of their choice if they don't want to go to the school closest to their house. And anyone, no matter how far away their house is, can ride the bus. And you either ride the bus or someone picks you up...No walking home. It's all very odd.I just realized that a couple of things happened before this post, but since I already jumped the gun and mentioned it, and went ahead and put it up. Oops! I really like for the posts to be in order, but oh well.

No comments: