Mostly just picture posts for the unforeseeable future. Blah but it'll have to do. Sorry, Texas.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY

Our Valentine's Day was pretty basic and nothing spectacular...Unless you count a family trip to the grocery store. Yipee! I didn't realize it until we were getting out of the car, but oh my lanta, it was so cold outside. And the rain that chose to start while we were scurrying though the parking lot didn't help either. It did end up snowing Valentine's night and President's Day, but nothing too significant that tampered with the streets.
The night before, Brooke wanted to make a card for her daddy. I was showing her how to cut out a heart at ended up making a few extras. I thought she could do all sorts of cute things with the different sized hearts, but she ended up just drawing squiggly lines on one big one and wanted to throw away the rest of them. I couldn't let that happen to my hard work, so we scattered them around the fireplace. Yes, I'm fully aware that it's a tad bit cheesy.
When Brooke put on her holiday festive outfit, it reminded me of something she wore a few years ago. I decided to post a few flash back photos of the kids. Looks like I've made them pose in front of the fireplace more than once. Our first house didn't have one or else you'd probably see pictures from there, too.
Valentine's Day 2007
Valentine's Day 2006
What a difference 3 years makes. Even though her hair is still thin, at least it finally has some sort of substance to it. And she still loves wearing little skirts and tights. I can't imagine how big she'll look in 3 more years.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the hearts on the fire place!! Your kids are so cute!!

Nikki McCallum said...

Thanks, Brittany! I hope your new house is coming together nicely! I may need you to help me organize mine!